Monday, October 20, 2014

I love Missouri!!

Hiiii!!!
How is everyone doing? I have officially been in Missouri for TWO WEEKS!! We flew out of Salt Lake early Tuesday morning on October 7th. It is so beautiful out here. I love it. I met my companion, Sister Gadi, the next day. She is the sweetest person ever! I am so grateful she is my trainer. She has so much patience, and our personalities work so well together. The people here are so nice. Even if they are not interested, they thank us for teaching people about God. There are so many religions here. Several people even have started their own church, which is kind of weird to me. My first day tracting was very interesting...We knocked on a door, a grumpy old man answered, and told us he wasn't interested. Just as he was about to shut the door, the neighbors dog which had followed us walking down the road, ran into his beautiful house! He thought it was our dog so he was yelling at us and telling us to get the dog out of his house. The dog was being so stubborn, and it was running through his whole house. So we were chasing the dog through his house, and finally we pushed it out the door. If he was mad when he opened the door to two sister missionaries, you should have seen him after that incident. He was furious. Stupid dog. 
We had a mission conference last Monday. Elder Sitati of the 70 came and spoke to our mission. Everything that was discussed was what I needed to hear. We watched "Meet the Mormons" after mission conference! I loved it! I encourage everyone to go see it. 
The other day everything was falling through. All of our appointments cancelled and people just weren't interested. I said a prayer in my heart that we would find someone who is ready to receive our message. Right after saying the prayer, we turned onto a road and saw a man walking. We pulled the car over, got out and went to talk to him. We introduced ourselves and talked to him for awhile. He said he would love to hear our message so we scheduled a time to talk to him. The next day we taught him the Restoration. He brought up reformers such as Martin Luther who nailed the thesis on the door, and some other things. The Restoration made complete sense to him. He was shocked when we told him there is a living prophet today. I cannot wait to meet with him again! Heavenly Father listens to and answers prayers!! 
I love being out here! It is amazing to do nothing but serve God. I know that He lives and He loves every single person individually! I have witnessed that individual love He has for His children so much being out here. 
I love you all, and I appreciate the support. Receiving letters is better than opening up presents on Christmas as a missionary, so I am so grateful for all of you who write me, thank you!! 
Have a great week!
Love, Sister Furniss 
First day tracting!
Awesome art museum in St Louis
P-day fun! My comp Sister Gadi
I love St. Louis!! 
Ward activity: Making Apple Butter
Beautiful St. Louis Temple
All of us newbies with our mission president's wife

No comments:

Post a Comment