Monday, November 3, 2014

Gratitude

Hi everyone,
Every year when the Thanksgiving season rolls around I like to ponder on the past year and how the Lord has blessed my life. Of course we should be grateful at all times, but it is fun to look back and reflect. One of my very good friends Sydney gave me a 5 year journal for Christmas last year. I turned it into a "tender mercy" journal." Since January 1st, I have written in it every night. Reading back through this journal I can see that the Lord's hands have been evident every single day of my life. Today in Companionship study Sister Gadi and I talked about how our growth in the gospel isn't usually a big lightning bolt moment, but rather a course of small events that intern have a big effect on our lives. "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass." There were no big events that happened in these daily recordings, but I know they have each helped me become who I am.
There is a member in our ward who we call "Grandpa Daniel." He dedicates his life to missionary work. He has get togethers all the time where he invites many over who are not of our faith. Last Saturday we went to his home for one of these gatherings and Grandpa Daniel introduced us to his neighbor who is a Methodist preacher. We visited with him for about an hour and set up a time where we could teach him. I was so nervous to teach the Restoration to a preacher, but it went well. The Spirit was very strong as we discussed Christ's perfect gospel. I look forward to meeting with him again. We also met with a 95 year old woman named Francis. She had a lot of questions this time when we met with her. She said "I just don't understand why the Mormons worship Joseph Smith." We cleared everything up for her, I am glad she asked the question. We asked her about the prophets in the Bible and what their role was. She explained perfectly the importance of a prophet. Then we asked her if she believes God is the same yesterday, today and forever. She said "of course I believe that!" We then explained that just as God called prophets in the Bible He has a prophet on earth today.
It is such a blessing to have a modern, living prophet.
Jesus Christ is at the head of this church.
I love you all!

Love, Sister Furniss
Service at Grandpa Daniel's Farm

This is what happens when you let the Elders decorate your planner.







No comments:

Post a Comment