Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas!!

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! 

On Christmas eve we had our final district meeting for this transfer. After the district meeting we ate spaghetti tacos and did a white elephant present exchange. That evening we went over to the Michelek's home. They surprised us by having our families write their testimonies. My mom sent Sister Michelek a song that I play for Christmas every year on the piano. It was so special to be able to play that song and read the testimonies from my parents and brothers. 


It was a fun transfer!

Michelek Family
I'm learning! The Ukulele is so fun.

On Christmas day we went to the Witt's home. We had dinner with them. During dinner I found out that I am supposed to have a child. Sister Witt's daughter is so cute. 

Sophine: How many children do you have, and where are they? 
Me: I don't have any children!
Sophine: Why not?
Me: Because I'm not old enough.
Sophine: Yes you are, you are old.
Me: My children are still in heaven.
Sophine: Why?

This conversation went on for awhile...I love it when little kids are in the "why" stage. 

Our mission president let us watch PG movies so we watched Elf. It is so weird to watch a movie as a missionary! 

My favorite part of Christmas: We got to Skype our families. It was so fun to be able to see their faces and hear their voices. I love my family and I am so grateful for the support they have always given to me.

Oh how I love these brothers of mine.

Family picture!

Christmas at the Witt's home


 

This week we were able to teach The Plan of Salvation to a lady named Gail. Her daughter passed away a few months ago. She really wanted to know if she will be able to see her daughter again. She received so much comfort when we taught her Heavenly Father's plan for us. This life is not the end!! 

There was a lot of anticipation this week because of transfer calls. On Saturday night we found out that Sister Gadi will be getting transferred to another area and I will be staying here in Eureka with Sister Smith. It will be weird to serve with somebody other than my trainer, but I look forward to the many experiences that are in the future. 
Me, Howard, Sister Gadi, and Banks


I love you all! Thank you for all of the support. 

Love, Sister Furniss 

No comments:

Post a Comment