Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy 2015!!

Hola Familia and Amigos! 
(Is that spelled right?) 

I survived my first official change in the mission. A new companion! My new companion is Sister Smith and she is amazing. She has been out for 15 months, so her time is coming to an end. She is from Oregon. I love her. 

The greatest lesson I learned this week: "...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..." 

At the beginning of December Sister Gadi and I gave a "He is the Gift" pass a long card to a cashier at a gas station. We didn't really think much of it, because she didn't seem interested. This past week we went into this gas station to get some hot chocolate. We were freezing because we had been tracting for quite some time. We went in and to our disappointment the hot chocolate machine was out of order. The store worker apologized for the inconvenience. She then saw our tags and said "Oh! You are the ones who gave me that card! I watched the video and I LOVED it!!" We invited her to learn more and she excitedly said she would love to. We set up a time to meet with her. 
"Who needs hot chocolate when you can get a potential?" -Sister Smith 

A couple of months ago Sister Gadi and I were at the nursing home visiting some people. Just as we were about to say a prayer with one of the residents, a CNA was walking down the hall. She asked us if we could pray for her to be able to have a baby, because she was unable to. We told her we would. This past week we were at the nursing home walking down the hall with one of the residents and this CNA ran up to us. She said thank you, thank you, thank you for that prayer!! I am pregnant!! 

Heavenly Father knows us. He has a plan for each one of His children. I am so grateful to be an instrument in His hands at this time in my life.

Right now I am memorizing a scripture every week. The scripture I memorized this week is:

   "Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward. Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail." (D&C 6:33-34)

Do all you can to be built upon His rock!!! 

Something else that I reflected on this past week is our individual worth. 

I am my worst enemy. I always look for my weaknesses, which results in frustration and a lack of motivation. I tried to think of at least one positive thing about myself, but I couldn't. I knew there had to be at least one good thing about myself so I finally came up with something, and I wrote it down. As I went through that day, I focused on my strengths, and I wrote them down. This completely changed my perspective and I was happier. 

I invite you all to focus on your strengths. 

I am not saying to be prideful, or conceded, but I am saying to be grateful for the person you are. Our Father in Heaven did not send you to earth only to be miserable and dislike the person you are. He created us with gifts and talents. Write down your strengths. 

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."



I love this gospel. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world!! He loves each of you more than you can ever comprehend. 

Have a great week, I love you!! 

Love, 
Sister Furniss 

No comments:

Post a Comment