Monday, February 2, 2015

"Caveman Lingo"

Dear Family and Friends, 

This past week was amazing. David will be getting baptized this Saturday! Yesterday when he walked into church I felt like I was looking at a different person. A much happier person. His countenance has completely changed over the 3 1/2 months we have been teaching him, especially the past few weeks. We had quite a few lessons with David this past week, helping him to be prepared for his baptism. Bishop Boyce and his wife came to a lesson on tithing. Sister Boyce bore such a powerful testimony on tithing. We also taught David the word of wisdom again. He completely accepted it. He compared obedience to Abraham and Isaac, and told us that even though he doesn't understand the reason for everything right now he would do it because it is a commandment from the Lord. We had a lesson on Temple and Family History work in a member's home. We watched the movie on temples called "Between Heaven and Earth." After the movie David said he felt like he was in the temple as he was watching the movie. He loved learning about genealogy and he is really excited to attend the temple after he is baptized to do the work for his family. A scripture that reminds me of David is:
"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day" (D&C 50) 
As David has been learning and praying to know the truth of the things we have taught him, he has grown so much!! 

I love Sister Smith. Sometimes I wonder if we are the same person. Before I came out on the mission my brothers always teased me and called me "cave man" because I struggle with talking sometimes haha. Well, Sister Smith and I have been having some major speech issues lately. Here are some of the instances: 

After about 20 minutes of scrubbing the floor with a tooth brush to clean the carpet:
Sister Smith: We just need to get our sharpets campooed! 

Getting ready to walk out the door to take the car in to get serviced: 
Me: ...and we're going to get our chair cecked (car checked) 

We were observing how everybody looks so mad while they are driving, so we both had big smiles on our faces going down the road:
Sister Smith: Sometimes it's hard to hold a smake file. (fake smile)

So...I put together a sentence:
We're going to get our sharpets campooed, and our chair cecked, and we will have smake files the whole time! 

Oh how I love my companion! 

On Monday we had family home evening in the Manumaleuna's home. After the lesson and dinner we had a ukulele jam sesh. It was so fun! I love the Manumaleunas so much!! 

I love being a missionary!! I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior! I love this gospel so much!!! 

I love you all.

Love, Sister Furniss 


No comments:

Post a Comment