Monday, March 30, 2015

Because He Lives

Dear family and friends,
I didn't think it was possible to feel homesick from my first area, but I do! I loved Eureka, and all of the priceless memories that came from serving there. But being transferred is part of being a missionary, so I will accept that. :) I really love my new area Columbia, Illinois though. I have so much peace in knowing this is where the Lord wants me to be at this time. I just love the Missouri St. Louis mission!  
My companion is Sister Tonnies. She has been out for about 13 months. We both joke that we have the spirit of prophecy because we both predicted that we would be companions with each other. She is incredible. Before I came out President Hawker told me that I would meet "eternal friends" as a missionary. I am so grateful for each of my companions because they truly will be my "eternal friends." I have been so blessed. 
Spring is such a special time of year. With it brings new life. The flowers start to bloom the birds are singing...In my studies I have been reflecting on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Resurrection brought new life to the world.  I know that He lives! I know that because He lives, we can too. We can overcome all things. As a missionary I have been able to learn about the Atonement in a very special way. I literally have nothing else to rely on through the happy and the hard times. The Lord's plan is perfect because Jesus Christ is at the center. He is always here for me and each of you. 
I am so excited for General Conference this weekend! Have a great week! 

Love Sister Furniss

No comments:

Post a Comment