Monday, March 16, 2015

Life is Incredible




Hey Y'all!! 

We had a great week!!  All of our investigators are going out of town for spring break which is a bummer since it is the last week of this transfer. My companion goes home in one week which is so weird. I have learned so much from her. I am grateful Heavenly Father placed her in my life. 

I have fallen in love with Eureka. I love the people here. Joshua is a completely different person. I have never witnessed any one have a change of heart as quickly as he has. In our lesson this past week Joshua said he doesn't believe it was coincidence we knocked on his door. God sent us to him. I know that without a doubt. Teaching Joshua the basic truths of the gospel has strengthened my testimony so much. Teaching him the reality of Jesus Christ and watching that knowledge change his life has changed my life. I am so grateful God sent us to Joshua. 

We followed up with our investigator David. He said he has read up to 2nd Nephi in the Book of Mormon. He has read over 100 pages in a week. It's awesome. I am excited to teach him again this week. He is a really neat guy.

I had a really cool experience yesterday that made me appreciate seminary even more. I remember a few years ago we were memorizing scripture mastery. There were so many scriptures that I didn't understand why they were scripture mastery, but I memorized them anyways. I distinctly remember Brother Williams promising us that if we memorize these scriptures they will come to our remembrance when they need to. That happened yesterday. We were teaching a lesson and a scripture mastery that I really hadn't given much thought to (Luke 24: 36-39) popped into my mind. I was able to read it to our investigator. Brother Williams is truly inspired because that promise he made was very true! I have experienced it time and time again. Senimary students: be serious about scripture mastery. They are there for a reason! The Holy Ghost brings things to our remembrance. 

We had stake conference and Elder Renlund from the presidency of the 70 came. It was a very inspiring meeting. That was also my 2nd stake conference in this area which means I have been here for about 6 months. Time is such a crazy thing. I feel like I just got here. It has been an amazing 6 months. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I love serving the Lord. I know this gospel to be true with every fiber of my being! I have witnessed it change lives; including my own. 

I am so blessed to have such a supportive family. I love you all. 

Love, 

Sister Furniss 

We had Lola teach the young women how to make sleeping mats for the homeless! It was a fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment