Monday, May 18, 2015

Hope On, Journey On

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was such a great week! 

We finished all of the lessons with our investigators Lori and Becky. We moved Becky's baptismal date up two weeks so now Lori and Becky will be getting baptized the same day! I am so excited for them. It has been incredible watching the Savior's Atonement in their lives. They have so much light and joy in their countenances. I feel so blessed to be able to serve here and witness the miracle of these two amazing women come in to the fold of God. 

We had zone leadership training and exchanges this week. I was able to learn a lot as usual. At ZLT we mainly talked about becoming leaders and coordinating our efforts with the members in our branches and wards. I love the branch we are serving in right now. We have members at every single lesson which is such a blessing. I love how each area I serve in I learn something new. This branch has really taught me how to involve members- and after I get home from my mission how I will do member missionary work. They have taught me so much!! 

Near the end of last transfer Sister Tonnies and I fasted and prayed to be able to find a family. A few weeks ago our branch president called and asked us to meet with a part member family. We were finally able to meet with them this week and my heart just melted! They are such a sweet family. The husband is a less active member and the wife is not a member. They have a 9 year old, 6 year old, and a 3 year old. I love them! I am SO excited to continue teaching them! We will also be teaching their sister in law's family who also lives there. I love teaching children, they are so much fun. Their love for Jesus Christ is so pure, and I learn so much by teaching them. This experience has really strengthened my testimony on the power of fasting and prayer. 

The other night we were heading to our appointment with one of our investigators. She lives really close to another part member family in our branch. We have really been wanting to teach them but they are never home. Right as we pulled into the neighborhood we saw them outside. Because of a crunch of time between appointments we couldn't see them. This was so frustrating because they are seriously never home. We were in our car outside of our investigator's house saying a prayer to go into the lesson and she called us and said something last minute came up. She never cancels appointments so this was such a miracle. We were able to go over and meet with this family we have been wanting to see for awhile. There is so much potential with them! I am really excited to teach them. I know that the Lord always places us where we need to be when we are willing and receptive to the Spirit. 

We did a lot of yard work this week as well. Lots of gardening and power washing houses and side walks! I just love everything we are able to do as missionaries. Missionary work is so fun. 

I saw this quote this week and it really describes feelings I have been having lately:

"God does not begin by asking our ability, only our availability, and if we prove our dependability, He will increase our capability." 
-Neil A. Maxwell

Have a great week! I love you all!

Love, 

Sister Furniss 
All the sisters in my zone after ZLT

A group home we go to every Wednesday to read the Book of Mormon

No comments:

Post a Comment