Monday, May 11, 2015

I Love the Rain!

Dear Family and Friends, 

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!! I am so grateful for the righteous influence of women in my life, especially my angel mother. :) I had the opportunity to face time my family yesterday which was SO much fun!! I love my family!! I am beyond grateful for everything my mom has done for me through out my life. 

It was such a rainy week! But it was so fun to work in the rain. I love this time of year because everything is so green and alive. 

May the 4th was so fun. We had family home evening with the Baldwin family. Sister Baldwin had us relate gospel topics to Star Wars and she would have her son assign somebody to relate the topics. He called on me every time for some reason... I have never, ever watched Star Wars a day in my life. I got made fun of for not having a clue what to say. I would attempt something and my companion would whisper to me "...that is Star Trek not Star Wars..." Haha. It was really funny. On Cinco De Mayo We spent time with a family in our branch, the Congdons. They are such a cute little family that feeds us every week. We decorated Star Wars cookies. And ate delicious chicken tacos. 
I love this branch!!! 

President and Sister Morgan came to our Sacrament meeting yesterday. It was so fun to see them. They were able to meet our investigator Becky which was awesome. Speaking of Becky, miracle of the week!! After Gospel Principles she asked us if we could give her a copy of the Book of Mormon to give to her husband and sister in law because they want to read it!!! Becky's husband always leaves the room whenever we teach the lesson. He is really nice to us but doesn't like talking religion. The fact that he wants to read The Book of Mormon is so awesome!! Becky is already sharing the gospel with those around her. She is incredible. 

The Smith family, a part member/ less active family met with our branch president this past week! Lori and her granddaughters are on track to get baptized, and brother Smith who is coming back to church after 30 years will be baptizing them!! It has been amazing to watch them grow together. 

It has been incredible to witness the Atonement of Jesus Christ working miracles in the lives of the people in this area! 

I hope you all have a great week!! 

Love, 

Sister Furniss 





No comments:

Post a Comment