Monday, May 4, 2015

I Shook an Apostle's Hand

Dear Family and Friends!

I had the opportunity to shake hands with Elder Quinten L. Cook, Elder Soares and Bishop Stevenson on Saturday! We came together as a mission and had the privilege of listening to these wonderful leaders give inspired council. Elder Cook opened it up to a question and answer. We were able to ask questions and then each of them were able to answer. It was so awesome! I learned so much. It really opened my eyes more to the importance of what I am doing at this time in my life. Elder Cook said to us: "You are where you ought to be." I know that is so true. I am grateful to be a missionary for the Lord right now. 

We got transfer calls Saturday and Sister Tonnies and I will be staying together!! We both freaked out when we got that call. We really, really wanted to stay together. We had a lesson with our investigator Lori and the first thing she said when we got there was "prayer really works!! I prayed that you's would both be stayin'!!" 

This is my 6th transfer! So, so hard to believe that. Time has gone by so fast. I have loved every minute of this amazing journey of being a missionary. This is going to be a great transfer. A lot of our investigators have dates to be baptized this transfer. I am so excited for them!

Miracle of the week: Our branch president called and said "I have a family I have set up an appointment for you to teach on Thursday night." He gave us their contact info and arranged for a member to be there with us. A couple of weeks ago Sister Tonnies and I fasted and prayed to be able to find and teach a family in our area. This is such an answer to our prayers. This branch is so missionary minded. One of the biggest things I have learned is the importance of member missionary work and how to get involved in the work. I am so grateful for this branch and for the example that they all are to me to help build the Kingdom of God on earth. 

I have such a strong love for this work. I know that Jesus Christ is at the head of it. 

I love you all so much!! May the 4th be with you!! 

Love,
Sister Furniss 
Rockin' with Elder Presley!

Converting, Inc. !!

Our mileage limit is 1250. We stayed under!!! (A little too close for comfort.)

No comments:

Post a Comment