Sunday, July 26, 2015

I Love to See the Temple



Happy Monday!! 

What a great week it was! The highlight of the week was going to the temple for my halfway mark. It was so incredible to reunite with the sisters I came out here with! It reminded me of a scripture in Alma 17: "Therefore [Sister Furniss] did rejoice exceedingly to see [her sisters] ; and what added more to [her] joy, they were still [her sisters] in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were [women] of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God." It was as if we had never been a part. I love those sisters so much. 

There is such a special Spirit in the temple. It was amazing to go there after not being in the temple for almost 10 months. I felt the love that Heavenly Father has for us so much. I just wish every single person in the world could feel that Spirit. That is why we need to share the gospel! So that our brothers and sisters can go to the temple and be sealed to their loved ones for eternity!! 

We were able to set a baptismal date with a sweet lady named Rose this week. She was found a couple of weeks ago by the Elders when they were tracting. They strongly felt prompted that we should teach her. We taught her the Plan of Salvation yesterday. Rose actually asked us if she could get baptized before we got the chance to invite her! She is very humble and prepared for the restored gospel. 

Transfer calls are this Saturday. It feels like Christmas eve every 6 weeks as a missionary. Transfers are always very bitter sweet. I love, love, love Columbia, Illinois!! The people here have changed my life forever. 

I love this marvelous work with all of my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment