Monday, July 27, 2015

I'm Going to MEXICO!!

Hello everyone!!

Well...transfer calls was on Saturday and I am going to Mexico, MO. I will be training a missionary fresh from the MTC!! It is going to be a great learning experience! I am so excited.
I have absolutely loved serving in Columbia, IL. The people here are incredible and have changed my life so much. I look forward to being able to visit them again someday.
At 10 months, it is really special to look back on the course of my mission and see how everything has been timed so perfectly. I am grateful Heavenly Father has allowed me to serve a full time mission. When Elder Christofferson came, he told us that our debt to the Lord grows as missionaries. That is so true!! We have the opportunity to witness first hand the Atonement of Jesus Christ changing the lives of our brothers and sisters. But the beauty of this is we don't just have to be full-time missionaries to be involved in this great work. Every single person who is baptized has the sacred responsibility to reach out and stand as a witness of God.
This week we were walking to one of our investigator's home to visit her. She was busy so she was unable to meet with us. As we were walking back we saw this landscaping worker getting some equipment out of his truck. We walked up to him and started talking to him. We had a great conversation. Both my companion and I had a prompting to share a certain scripture and give him a copy of The Book of Mormon. We did so, and his heart was very touched. He told us that he knows this book will help him come closer to God.  We obtained his contact info to meet with him again. After that experience my companion and I were talking about how much the Spirit guides us in this work. We felt prompted the night before to visit our investigator, she wasn't home, but because of that we were able to meet this man. While we were talking to him we were both receiving the exact same promptings. I have gained such a strong testimony of the Holy Ghost on my mission.
I am so excited to love the people of Mexico!!
Love, 
Sister Furniss
Probably the best District picture ever! FAIL!!

Our little future missionary, Zoila! :)

The Cupp Family!!

 This family does so much for this branch and for us as missionaries!!

The cute Congdon Family! I LOVE them!!!

I am going to miss the Waterloo Branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment