Monday, August 24, 2015

11 Months!

Hello Family!!

This was probably one of the craziest weeks I have had so far as a missionary. Last Monday right after we were done emailing, we got a call telling us that a Sister had to go home and we were going to be put in a tri, and cover both wards. We were also told that we would be driving to St. Louis at 6 am to drop the sister off at the airport the next day. So Tuesday morning we woke up really early, went and picked up the sisters in Fulton and made the 2 hour drive to St. Louis. When we got back to Mexico for lunch we tried to coordinate everything to the best of our ability since we had some appointments in Fulton and Mexico at the same time. We were able to work everything out, but those first two days were really hard. Heavenly Father has really helped us out. It has been incredible to watch the enabling power of the Atonement this past week. 

Church was really interesting. Both wards started at the same time, so we got permission to have me stay here in Mexico with a laurel in the ward and Sister Kimball and Sister Fisher went to Fulton. It was the weirdest feeling not having a missionary right next to me after 11 months of always having a companion! But it worked out, and it was a great experience for this laurel to come with me to some appointments and such. 

We have had a lot of fun together. I love being in a tri a lot more than I thought I would haha. We have all been able to learn SO MUCH from each other!! 

This week we were able to start teaching a 15 year old kid named Alban. He is awesome! He has a very close relationship with the Lord, and is doing everything he can to come closer to Heavenly Father and do what is right. I love all of the people we are teaching. The Lord has led us to some really special people. 

There are a lot of great things happening in Mexico! I love it so much here. I'm even starting to love Fulton. 

Oh! Cool thing about Fulton, we live in an old highschool. It was built in like 1912 or something like that. 

I'm going to be 20 this week, and 11 months ago today I went into the MTC. Where has time gone? I don't feel like I'm that old in the mission or life. :) 

I hope all is going well for all of you! I love you!

Love, 

Sister Kimille Furniss 

No comments:

Post a Comment