Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 3 of Tres Amigas

Hello!! 

First off, thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes! It means a lot. I had a great birthday. My companions decorated our house while I was in the shower, so that was a fun surprise. Sister Kimball made me some fake eye lashes. Since I ripped all of mine out. :) Then as we were doing our studies I heard a knock at the door. (As a missionary this is the most frightening sound because no one ever knocks on our door.) And I saw a cute little lady holding a huge bouquet of flowers! My family sent me some beautiful flowers! That was such a fun surprise. I am so grateful for my family. We went out and worked and had a great day. We then had dinner with a member in Fulton at a Mexican restaurant. They put a sombrero on my head, sang me "feliz cumpleanos" And stuffed my face with whipped cream. It was awesome. Then the next day we had dinner at a member's home in Mexico. They made me a birthday dinner, and then we had dinner at the Grajeda's on Sunday and they made me a birthday dinner as well! I just got spoiled all weekend! The people here are so sweet.

A brother and sister got baptized in Fulton over the weekend. I'm glad I was able to meet them, they are the sweetest kids. 

A member of the mission presidency came to the Fulton ward yesterday. Me, Sister Kimball, and Sister Fisher were able to meet with him for about an hour during the last hour of church. He gave us so much valuable advice that I will treasure for the rest of my life. Everything he said was exactly what I needed to hear. I'm grateful he spoke to us so powerfully by the Spirit. I felt that everything he said to us came directly from Heavenly Father.

We met with two of our investigators on Monday. They committed to being baptized! I am so excited for them. They were introduced to the church by some members in our ward. The members invited them to take the discussions in their home. Members are AWESOME!! Missionary work is not just the missionaries alone. We have to all come together as members and missionaries! 

We are teaching a sophomore in high school named Alban. He is probably one of the most spiritual kids I have met. We found out that he plays soccer with a member in our ward so that will really help with getting him involved with the youth in our church. 

After teaching Alban last night I realized that I have gained such a strong testimony of the Plan of Salvation on my mission. The Atonement of Jesus Christ has become so real to me as I have taught others this beautiful plan and helped them recognize the love that Jesus Christ has for them. I know that this is Christ's church and that the fullness of the gospel is on the earth today!! I love being a missionary more than words can express. 

This is the last week of the transfer! Sister Kimball has almost officially been out for 1 transfer!! She is such an awesome missionary. We have learned so much from each other. I have also LOVED being in a tri! It has been a blast. Covering two areas has definitely kept us on our toes. 

I love you all so much!! Have a great week. :) :) 

Love, 

Sister Kimille Furniss 

Awesome member in the Fulton ward that spoiled me!

 Dead armadillo! 

This is the Fulton apartment! An old high school built in 1916. It's awesome

Gotta love the dollar store. :)

Happy birthday from my companions

Jordan and Emily's baptism

Mexican restaurant! 

The eyelashes Sister Kimball made for me.

 Bouquet from my family!

Sister Loyd made me an awesome cake for my birthday!

When kids decorate your planner...

This little guy is so cute!!

The three of us!

Sister Kimball did the Grajeda heart attack taco challenge! She beat the record with 15 tacos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment