Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 4 in Mexico

Hello!!! 

This was such a jam packed week. A lot happened, so I will just mention the highlights again. 

1- We had an awesome Zone leadership training meeting! 
We all get together as a Zone and learn from one another. I was able to sit next to Elder and Sister Taylor!! (I still can't believe they are in the same mission as me AND in the same zone!!) Our zone leaders gave an awesome training. They were talking about what our recent converts would say about us. One of the Elders randomly asked me "what would Lorie say about you?" It completely caught me off guard that they knew the name of somebody who means the world to me. They then pulled out a little card and said "this is what she thinks of you." The zone leaders had called different recent converts of missionaries in our zone and had them give us messages. It was very powerful, and really helped us all be reminded of why we are here. 

2- I went on exchanges with my trainer Sister Gadi! 
Sister Gadi is my Sister training leader right now, so we had the opportunity to serve with each other for 24 hours. It was so much fun to see how much we have each grown in 10 months. She goes home in a couple of weeks so I'm really grateful we were able to go on exchanges. 

3- We found an awesome couple named Kevin and Anita. Probably the most hilarious people I have ever met. We taught the Restoration to them and they committed to being baptized! The Lord really does place prepared people in our path. 

4- We have awesome members. 
There is a gentleman in the ward who feeds us lunch every week. He reminds me of my dad, so it is fun to visit with him. We went over to his place yesterday to share a message and there were two cute little kids there who we will hopefully be teaching soon. We will be having a "purple cow" party with them. :) (vanilla ice cream with grape soda)  

Mexico is really starting to feel like my area. Whitewashing in has been an adventure for sure! But Sister Kimball and I have been able to learn a lot and really come to love the people here. 

I love you all! Good luck in school for all of you who will be starting soon! 

Love, 

Sister Kimille Furniss
Lee's Baptism

My companion and me
3 generations
reuniting with Sister Gadi
Beautiful sunset in Mexico!

Me with Brother and Sister Taylor!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment