Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Starting My 9th Transfer

Hello!!

Well, this was our last week in our tripanionship. It was so much fun. It was awesome to get to know twice as many members, and to meet all of the investigators in Fulton. We had a lot of great experiences together. 

We met a guy named Moses. He is SO awesome!! We met him in the library in Fulton a couple of weeks ago. We talked to him for a little while then gave him a copy of The Book of Mormon. He seemed very skeptical, but he took it anyways. We set up a time to meet with him again. 
However, when that time came Moses wasn't showing up. We waited and waited and then finally we saw him walk in. He had completely forgotten about our appointment, and just happened to be in the library again that day. We talked with him for awhile and he brought up some questions he has regarding some of our beliefs. He backed up his points with Bible references. I felt prompted to have him read Joseph Smith's experience in Joseph Smith history. I handed my scriptures to him and he read silently for a few minutes. After he read he was just speechless. He said he knew that that account was true. He was able to completely overcome the questions that he had. He said, "I have to read The Book of Mormon because I know that it is the word of God. It doesn't replace the Bible, it complements it." He went on to say many other things that just really clicked for him. We were then meeting with a less active so we invited him to stay and read The Book of Mormon with us. We read from Mormon chapter 9. The Spirit really touched his heart. He said "I know that this isn't just another church. I'm really going to have to look into this more." It was such a powerful experience to witness the Spirit change his heart. We did not do any teaching in that lesson. It was completely the Spirit. I look forward to hearing more about Moses in the future! 

Sister Kimball has officially been a missionary for one transfer! I look forward to another transfer of fun and learning with her! I cannot even express how blessed I have been to have the companions I have had. I know that that is one of the reasons I had to come to this mission. 

I love you all! Here is a challenge for those who read my emails: Read or listen to a conference talk everyday until conference on October 3rd and 4th. Come to conference prepared with questions!! We are so blessed to have a living prophet and have technology which allows the world to listen to their words!! 

Have a great week! 

Love, 

Sister Furniss 

No comments:

Post a Comment