Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Week 4 of Transfer 9

Hello everyone!!

Our week started with going to the Amish community with some members in our ward. They do some grocery shopping there so we decided to tag along! There is such a sweet spirit in the Amish community. They are incredible people. 

We started teaching a boy named Aiden this week. He comes from a great family. We set a baptismal date with him for next month. 

One of the biggest miracles this week was Gina. We received a text late Monday night from a member in our ward, Sister Nevels. She told us that she has a friend who is going through a lot right now. She feels like her life is just completely falling apart. Her friend, Gina, reached out to her and told her she needs help. She is not a religious person, but she needs help knowing how to turn to God. Sister Nevels asked her if she would be interested in meeting with us, and she agreed. We started teaching Gina on Friday. It was amazing how as we taught the lesson the Spirit guided our words. We had the opportunity to teach Gina how to pray. Prayer is definitely something I have taken advantage of my whole life. This was my first time teaching somebody how to pray, that really had no concept of what prayer is. What a special blessing it is to be able to communicate with our Father in Heaven! 
 I am so, so thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. I would be lost without its guidance. It has been really special for me to reflect back over the course of my mission and think about the revelation the Lord has given me to help His children. I have often thought, if someone's life is falling apart, why would they turn to a dumb 20 year old who has had no life experience? I love this scripture in D&C 1:23

                      "That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed
                       by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world,
                       and before kings and rulers."

I may be weak and simple, and I might not have a lot of life experience. But, I have a testimony that the Lord has called me to serve. I know He is with me every minute of every day, I know that the Lord qualifies us for His work. I will be eternally indebted to the Lord for allowing me to serve this mission. It has changed my life.

I love you all!! 

Love, 

Sister Furniss  
The Amish


This one's for you, Dad!

Cute little piggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment