Monday, December 28, 2015

Here's to 2016!

Hello!!! 

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I am so grateful that New years comes right after the Christmas season. We have the month of December to reflect and ponder on the life of Jesus Christ more fully. We are reminded of all that He has done for us. The new year is a time of reflection over the past year and a time to set goals for the future. We are only able to progress and improve through Jesus Christ-so I love that the new year follows the season of His birth. This year I decided I'm going to write a letter to myself for every month this year and have certain goals for each month. I don't want my "new years resolution" to just fizzle out and die before January is even over. Being a missionary has really taught me to love goal setting. 

Christmas was a lot of fun. I was able to skype with my family! It was so fun to see how much my brothers have grown, even since Mother's day. Their voices are getting so deep! 

This week we visited our investigator Dynetta. We weren't able to get in contact with her all day so we decided to just stop by. We both felt that we should bring her over a little gift for Christmas and so we decided to give her a picture of Christ. (The one where He is standing at the door with no door knob.) As we gave her the gift she started crying. She told us that her mom, who had passed away a few months ago, had a picture exactly like that. To her that gift was a message from Heavenly Father that He is very aware of her and what she is going through. She also felt that it was a message from her mother comforting her. It was such a special moment. She thanked us for being "obedient." I reflected on her word choice after that. Sister Reed and I didn't think of that as a prompting, but after thinking about it we realized that we were very prompted to give her that gift. I am so grateful to be a missionary!! 

Also, you can't serve in the mid west without getting bed bugs. Springfield is infested with bed bugs right now. EVERYBODY and their mom has bed bugs. And yes...we got bed bugs. We had to have our apartment exterminated and get all new furniture. 

Life is like a box of chocolates...ya never know what you're gonna get. 

And! I found out that because of the mtc change I get to stay on my mission a week longer!! Yay!! Instead of coming home on the 4th i'll be coming home April 11th. Tender mercy!! 

Life is good. 

I love you all!! 

Good night, sleep tight
Don't let the bed bugs bite! 
But if they do...let them chew.
Because bed bugs have to eat too!! 

Love, 

Sister Kimille Furniss 




 Darrell sent this picture to me today. It's not the most flattering picture of me, but I thought it was cute that they took the time to print out a picture of me and include me with their Christmas!! :) 




We had to bag up everything in order to move the bed bugs out!


My new bed!!!

We found some handcuffs. 

I think we were twins in the pre-existence. 

1 comment:

  1. Those in the south know all about those little critters. To get rid of them, we would usually have a mattress protector, which gets treated once a year. The local pest control company has a bed bug sniffing dog (if you can believe that), and so far we haven’t had a single issue with them in our bed or the kids’.

    ReplyDelete