Monday, January 11, 2016

LOVE is the Essence of the Gospel

Hello!!! 

First off. SISTER REED AND I ARE STAYING TOGETHER!! I get to be her last companion, which also means Springfield will be my last area!! I cannot tell you how happy we both were when we got that transfer call!! 

On Saturday we had the opportunity to learn from Elder Rasband and Elder Martino! The timing of my mission has been perfect because I have had the opportunity to learn from many apostles and general authorities! I am so grateful for the Lord's servants. I love how humbly and powerfully they testify of Christ. The focus of mission conference was that as missionaries our responsibility is to simply declare repentance. We are here to invite others to come unto Christ. It was also a testimony builder to me that I am serving exactly where I need to be. As I look over my past areas and past companions and all the people I have met I know that it was not coincidence. The Lord placed certain people in my life for a reason. 

We had a great week! Our investigator Dynetta is so amazing. I want to be like her when I grow up. :) She just wants to share the gospel with everyone! It seems like every time we call her to set up an appointment she says "would it be okay if I take you over to ___'s house to introduce you to them? I want them to learn about the Mormon's!" She has done that with so many people. We have met several of her family members, friends and sometimes just random people that she met. She is truly an example of someone who just opens her mouth with everyone. She is not ashamed of the gospel and she wants everyone to experience the joy that she feels from the restored gospel. She always says "why have you Mormon's been hiding? Nobody knows who you are!!" That really opened my eyes that even though there are 80,000 missionaries serving through out the world we need EVERY single member to share the gospel. It doesn't have to be unnatural. It doesn't have to be weird. Just talk about your beliefs openly with everyone!! 

Last night Dynetta brought us over to her sister's house. Some how music got brought up. Dynetta and her sister sang a really powerful song to us and afterwards the Spirit was so strong! We started teaching and it was just the perfect environment. I love the special spirit that music brings. Dynetta's whole family is just amazing. 

"At some moment in the world to come, everyone you will ever meet will know what you know now. They will know that the only way to live forever in association with our families and in the presence of our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, was to choose to enter into the gate by baptism at the hands of those with authority from God. They will know that the only way families can be together forever is to accept and keep sacred covenants offered in the temples of God on this earth. And they will know that you knew. And they will remember whether you offered them what someone had offered you." -President Eyring

Dynetta loves the gospel and she is so excited to get baptized! It all started because her daughter was friends with a member of the church. "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass." 

Also, probably my highlight of the week was during mission conference Elder Rasband told us that just two days previously he saw President Monson. President Monson asked where he would be going on Saturday and Elder Rasband told him that he would be going to the St. Louis MO mission. President Monson said: "Tell them that I love them." It just filled my heart with so much love for our dear Prophet. I know that he is truly called of God to guide us in these days. I love the Lord with all of my heart!! 

I love you!!! 

Love, 

Sister Kimille Furniss 

It's finally beginning to feel like January. I was wondering when that was going to happen.

Bowling for Sister Alofaki's last P-day! 


That moment when i'm trying to eat and my companion shoots silly string at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment