Monday, February 22, 2016

First Week of my Last Transfer! What???!!!

Hello!!

We had a great week. On Friday night we had our "Meet the Mormons" party. There was a good turn out! A lot of our investigators came and members brought their friends and family to learn more. It was truly a miracle.

The highlight of my week was teaching our investigator, Messan. (He is the guy from Africa.) Last time we met with him we had a lesson all about The Book of Mormon and the importance of it in our lives. When we met with Messan this last time he had been reading from it and had a lot of great questions. Messan also had a friend in town named Klaus who is also from Africa and was just visiting for the weekend. We taught them the Plan of Salvation...it was the neatest Plan of Salvation I think I have ever taught on my mission. We started off by asking them the three big questions: Where did we come from? Why are we here? And where are we going after this life? Messan said "I have never really thought of where we came from..." Klaus said: "From our mother's womb?" We started talking about the pre earth life and it was like a light bulb went on. It was amazing to witness how excited Messan got when he realized that truth. He just started saying over and over again: "That makes sense! That makes so much sense!" He then turned to his friend, who wasn't quite having the light bulb moment yet, and said "Klaus! Do you realize how important it is to know we lived before this?" It was amazing to witness a life changing experience for him. It is really interesting that just knowing one simple truth can change perspective on life. Klaus then started getting excited about this truth and they both said, "so where are we going after this life?" It was like we were teaching 2 kids who were so excited to find out what happened next in the story. We told them that before we teach them that part, we need to talk about why we are here. It was such an eye opening experience for me. It occurred to me that I have never realized how lucky I really am to have a knowledge of The Plan of Salvation. 

Sister Reed and I decided to fast and pray together to find more people to teach. The day we fasted, we received 2 media referrals! It really strengthened my testimony on the reality of the blessings and strength that comes from fasting. The next day we drove to a town called Lincoln with 2 ladies in our ward. There we met Sandra. Sandra wants to have a stronger relationship with Heavenly Father.  She recently lost her mother and daughter and is dealing with a lot of grief at this time. We had the opportunity to teach her the Plan of Salvation. It was a powerful experience to realize the incredible love that Heavenly Father has for each one of His children individually.

Can I just say, I LOVE TEACHING THE PLAN OF SALVATION!!!

Victoria is amazing. We just met her 3 weeks ago and she has just grasped so tightly on to the gospel already. She cried during "Meet the Mormons," and she cried during Relief Society on Sunday...she has found so much peace and joy in the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm grateful the Lord has allowed me to meet her.

My companion Sister Reed went home today. :( That was really hard. I loved serving with her so much, she is truly one of my best friends.

It is going to be a great transfer. I am sad that it is my last, but I know that many great things are ahead in the future.

I love you all!!

Love,

Sister Kimille Furniss

No comments:

Post a Comment