Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Follow Him and Find New Life. Hallelujah!!

Happy Easter!!! 

Easter is my favorite holiday. There is such a special spirit as I reflect on the final events that transpired in the Savior's life. On Sundaymorning my companion and I listened to Elder Holland's talk "Where Justice, Love and Mercy Meet" I love how he concludes this beautiful talk:

"That first Easter sequence of Atonement and Resurrection constitutes the most consequential moment, the most generous gift, the most excruciating pain, and the most majestic manifestation of pure love ever to be demonstrated in the history of this world. Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, suffered, died, and rose from death in order that He could, like lightning in a summer storm, grasp us as we fall, hold us with His might, and through our obedience to His commandments, lift us to eternal life.

This Easter I thank Him and the Father, who gave Him to us, that Jesus still stands triumphant over death, although He stands on wounded feet. This Easter I thank Him and the Father, who gave Him to us, that He still extends unending grace, although He extends it with pierced palms and scarred wrists." 
                                                                 -Elder Holland

As missionaries we have had the opportunity to share the #hallelujah initiative. We get pass-along cards that we can share with people that has a website where they can watch the video. It is so special to be able to testify that Jesus Christ lives to each person we give a card to. I love, love, LOVE being a missionary!!! 

Funny story/miracle of the week: 

We had a lesson with our investigator Sandy. Back story on Sandy: I think I have told her story in the past, but i'll just tell it again. When I was with Sister Reed we really wanted to find more people to teach. So, we decided to have a special fast where we specifically fasted to find people. That very day, we received 2 media referrals, Sandy was one of them. She loves the gospel, and is just taking everything in!! 

Anyway...

As we were teaching Sandy I started to get a bloody nose. But, we were teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson and we just taught about baptism, so it was the perfect opportunity to invite her to be baptized. As I was plugging my nose, I invited her to baptism. Sister Segner and Sandy were probably wondering what in the world was going on...we ended up setting a baptismal date with her though, which was awesome! I then ran into the bathroom to grab a tissue, but the toilet paper roll was empty, so then I had to awkwardly tell Sandy that. She was kind of embarrassed, so I just used some paper towel.

My bloody noses always come at the most inconvenient times.

I loved the Women's conference! It is always so motivating and uplifting. I loved the focus of service. 

I'm SOOOO excited for General Conference!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you all!!

Love, 

Sister Furniss 

No comments:

Post a Comment