Monday, March 14, 2016

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!!!!

Hello!! 

The way I am feeling right now can best be described by the hymn "I Know That My Redeemer Lives"

I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives, my kind, wise heav'nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I'll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

I know that my Redeemer lives. The Atonement of Jesus Christ has become a reality to me on my mission. There have been so many times that I have experienced the enabling power of the Atonement. There have been days where it was hard to put one foot in front of the other, but I was able to because of my Redeemer. There have been lessons where I could feel the love that Heavenly Father had for the person I was teaching, I was able to feel that love because of my Redeemer. There have been times when I was scared to death to step out of my comfort zone, but because of my Redeemer, I could step outside of my comfort zone. I could go on and on...I know He lives. 

In Mosiah 18 it talks about how special the waters of Mormon are to the people because that is where they came to know their Redeemer. 
"How beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever."
The Missouri St. Louis Mission will always be a sacred place to me because it is here that I came to know my Redeemer. I am so grateful for all of the many principles I have learned on my mission that will be a part of my life forever. 

Victoria was baptized last Saturday, the 5th. One week later she had the opportunity to do baptisms at the Nauvoo temple with the Relief Society. She didn't let anything stop her from going. The day before the temple trip she was admitted into the E.R. because they thought she might have appendicitis. Although she was in a lot of pain, she woke up at 5:30 am the next morning and went to the temple, and she came to church yesterday. I admire Victoria for her faith and the love she has for the Lord. 

I have had the opportunity to meet many who have changed my life. I know that certain people are placed in our lives to help us through this journey of life.

I love being a missionary!!! 

I love you all, thank you for all of your support. 

Love, 

Sister Kimille Furniss 

No comments:

Post a Comment